Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!

The view off the front porch Saturday evening
Happy Easter!

I hope that you all have a great day doing the things that you are free in this country to do.

I have been taking the weekend "off", so to speak, to spend time with my immediate family. I took my son fishing, I grilled out for the family meal, and we all watched a massive thunderstorm with spectacular lightning and loud thunder for about an hour and a half in the evening.

I decided to take a quick break from bicycles this weekend because I will have a lot going on in the next two weeks with Trans Iowa v13 coming up and with doing review work and more. This weekend was relatively free, so I grabbed the chance to take a break.

Sea Otter is this coming week/weekend and you will be getting a slew of news coming from all forms of the cycling universe soon. This event is pretty much the defacto introduction event on the cycling calendar in North America. Either just before or during Sea Otter the press release machines are busy with all manner of hot news. I saw where a well known editor opined about a month ago on Facebook about the fact that there were too many pressers to cover. That doesn't happen at Intebike anymore and hasn't for many years. It's all Sea Otter these days, so get ready.

Anyway, I'm going back to enjoying what is left of my weekend, y'all! See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

graveldoc said...

Happy Easter to you and yours, Mark!

Ari said...

Happy Easter to you and your family.
Ari