Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Beginning Of The End

Just keep moving towards the Light.
Wow! was it ever cold here over the weekend. I think that is about as cold as it has been in a few years at least. It definitely has been a long time since it was 20 below in December. I didn't venture out in it, but I know several nutters in the area did. Good on 'em!

I did ride to work yesterday. It was negative 2 below when I was out there. However; the winds have shifted and now we are forecast to be above freezing for the next two days with a lot of Sun. That will really knock down our snow here.

Not only that, but there is a good chance we will have rain and 40's on Christmas day. So much for a White Christmas! More like a "Sloppy Brown, Black, and Messy Christmas" if that forecast turns out to be correct! Whatever happens, it would appear that it is highly likely that this is the beggining of the end of good snow to ride on for the short term. Winter is a long ways from over, (heck, "officially" it doesn't even start until tomorrow), so it could be a great Winter for riding the fat bikes yet, but for now the forecast, it looks bleak.

Speaking of beginnings of endings, I will be posting my Rear View 2016 series in the coming days. I'll try to limit that to four posts. Maybe three. I have had a pretty interesting year on the bike and I cannot wait to recap it. Maybe you can. Ha!

1 comment:

Exhausted_Auk said...

Liking that one from the Gents' Race! ;-)