Saturday, February 14, 2015

Back On It

Thursday evening I found out something new, Friday was going to be "Winter Bike To Work Day". Now I'd never heard about it before, and I don't know how big of a deal it is, but it did provide a bit of motivation. Let me explain.....

Last weekend I defiantly stated I would ride this week no matter what. However; I finally came to my senses and decided that maybe I needed to fully recover. You know.....get healed up? I think I was being over-zealous in my attempts to begin riding the past weeks and then I would set myself backward into sickness again because I hadn't fully recovered. I decided to take several days off, and wait until I was really feeling better.

It was working, and every day this past week I felt better and better. Incremental gains everyday were noticed. Thursday morning was a very slight setback, with a bit of a head ache, but I figured that even though I had purposed to stay away from the bike until Saturday or Sunday, pushing things up for Winter Bike To Work Day might be okay, as long as I felt well. Not just "okay", but healthy and well. Of course, Friday dawned and I felt okay, so the ride was on.

I did decided to take my time and not overdo it going uphill, (mostly), to work. I was a bit taxed when I got there, but the ride home was awesome and I felt really great. Now let's hope I can start doing regular rides again soon, eh? I think I'll ay low over the weekend and kick things back into gear Monday, but we'll see how it all pans out.

By the way......Happy Valentines Day everyone.

No comments: