Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kicking Around An Idea: Part 2

If you missed Part 1, go HERE. I just wanted to clean up a little of the loose ends here for everyone that may not have read through the comments.

It was mentioned that maybe having to rely on the mailing systems available wasn't good enough to ensure that post cards would arrive at Guitar Ted Laboratories on time. It was suggested that names be drawn from a hat instead. There are two things I don't like about that.

  • First of all, drawing names from a hat puts the random factor into my hands, (or whoever I decide to have pull names from the hat.), and I do not want that. There are just too many ways that could also go wrong, and then it is my fault. It also causes issues with the sizes, types, and numbers of post card entries. This was an issue with T.I.V3 registration. 
  • You are still at the mercy of whatever service you decide to use to send a post card. There would still be a cut-off date for entries. So the whole drawing out of the hat deal just is another layer of complexity. 
So, I am going with the randomness of the mailing systems and registration will be by post cards for all that want to ride. Registration will be done in three stages. Look for the details and the dates for registration soon.

No comments: