Sunday, July 01, 2012

The Last 3GR....Of June 2012!

Good GTDRI training!
The last 3GR ride of June 2012 went off with tons of sunshine, humidity, and heat. The wind was a total non-factor. I think that was the first 3GR that wasn't windy, (unless you count my solo 3GR last week in Tama County.)

This time Craig Irving made the trip up again to grind gravel north, east, and south again. I appreciated the company and the chance to get to know him better.

I gotta say though- he has more event ideas popping outta his head than anyone I know. Every one of them sounded cool too. Cool to the point that I might actually consider doing any one of them.  Anyway, all the ideas and chatting made the two hour ride seem easy, although my legs were burning the entire time. The running around for the Salsa Cycles Demo Tour and riding back and forth to work had already added up to several miles over  my usual daily requirement of cycling. Adding 3GR miles the next day was over the top.

Trolley Car Trail
After we arrived back at the Gateway Park lot, we chatted for a bit longer, then I excused myself so I could hit Cup Of Joe to grab a small coffee and a bite to eat. I was hungry! In fact, I should have maybe eaten more.

I then had to ride the seven or so miles back home for a total of 40.13 miles just for this 3GR. I peeled myself outta my cycling kit, showered, ate, and then spent the rest of the day in a semi-comatose state.

I normally do not like to be inactive, or to not accomplish things during the day, but this time I had to go lay down and take a nap. Falling asleep while basically struggling to just sit around was pretty much the tell-tale sign that I needed the rare daytime nap. So....whatta ya gonna do?

I figure it is good training for the Guitar Ted Death Ride Invitational coming up in a couple of weeks.

No comments: