Thursday, July 07, 2011

The Next Thing On The "To-Do List"

Well, now that I have gotten past the 4th of July thing, and the total blur that was June is done and gone, I must buckle down to getting the next project done: Reconning the GTDRI course.

Lots Of Roads To Check Out!
It should not be all that hard. I have a route planned out already that is just over 100 miles. Some of it I already know, but some of it is new road to me.

I hope to knock out a good portion of it this weekend. Not sure if that will be by bicycle or not yet, but I'd like it to be. I think the knee is ready for it.

However that all works out, I do have the finer details on the scheduling figured out. So, here is what you can plan by for this year's Guitar Ted Death Ride Invitational.

  • Ride start will be at Hickory Hills County Park (Click link for detailed info on this park's location, etc) We will leave from the tent camping area.
  • The GTDRI will start at 6:00am or shortly after. (I'd like to leave at 6:00am.)
  • We will try to stick together as a group, unless a lot of folks show up, which I doubt, but ya never know....
  • This is a self-supported, self guided ride over demanding, hilly terrain. It will likely be hot, humid, and windy. Be prepared!
  • There will be a few pass through towns with convenience store opportunities at Traer, (approx Mile 20), and in Toledo, (approx Mile 60). There are a couple of smaller towns that are unknown to me, but hopefully recon will reveal more. 
  • The route is approximately 102 miles in length. 
  • The route ends back at Hickory Hills County Park
  • Cue sheets will be provided for by an on-line link later.
  • Ride held rain or shine, unless there is severe weather. 
  • This ride is free.
The date for the ride is July 30th. I will be camping overnight on the evening of the 29th at the park. Anyone wanting to sleep there in their own tents are welcomed. (There is a fee to camp) After the ride, I plan on camping overnight again, and I encourage anyone coming to do the same.

Hopefully we will have a fire and merriment after a tough, dusty century ride in beautiful Tama County. Look for more details soon..........

1 comment:

Courtney Hilton said...

severe weather? do you even know what that is ;) I'll be there friday night and if everything works out right it will be the maden voyage for my newest bike.